Saturday, March 8, 2014

크리스마스 (Read: keu-ri-seu-ma-seu, Translated: Christmas) + 롯데월드 (Read: Lotte World) (Korea Trip 2013)

We're back in Seoul! And no, it didn't snow. This is another work of Google.

Chinese food (cooked for Korean tastebuds) for breakfast. One of the meals I didn't really enjoy in the trip. I mean, I'm in Korea to eat Korean food right?

Visit to some Ginseng Monopoly Showroom

 Lunch

The actual photo, sans Google Snow.

What I grabbed from Lotte Young Plaza's SME popup store <3
The queue and craze for EXO was amazingly long! Kinda glad I'm not a fan...

 Lotte World! When at an amusement park, it's mandatory to snap a photo with a crown.















Dinner! 짜장면 (Translated: Ja-jang-myeon) = Noodles with black soybean paste
Fried rice was something for my bro (who would always choose rice over noodles)
It was SOOOOO YUMMY I crave for it just looking at it!

Considering we went to 명동 (Translated: Myeong-dong) on Christmas day, the streets were packed and the only logical place to shop was probably in Lotte departmental store. Yes, it's probably a place for tourists, but I'd pick that over getting squished just trying to take a step on the opposite side of Myeongdong.

Lotte World was no exception. The queues were horrendously long, and since we only had 3 short hours to eat and play, my family did the eating and walking around, deciding to forgo the 'play' part. I even shopped at Etude House! (Not that I regretted it. The nail polishes are crazy cheap in Korea!)

Since the main highlight of the trip was supposedly skiing, we only got to visit Lotte World, and not Everland (another theme park in Korea). For those of you who have no idea, Lotte World is a theme park that comprises of both indoor and outdoor rides AND a skating rink. Dramas like 'Stairway to Heaven' have been filmed in Lotte World, so yes, it is also known for appearing in dramas.

If I posted this in December, I may have said Merry Christmas to end my post, but I think that's not really appropriate now.

xoxo 
pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment